Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 09:11:07 -0500
First I would like to say that it is not that we are not interested in PA
AVMA vets.  Pennsylvania is composed of 67 counties.  At this point we have
8 Volunteers to help distribute the 1998 Rabies Compendium.  We are doing
this on or own, although Three Rivers Ferret Association is donating $100
towards the effort of xeroxing and mailing the compendiums and cover
letters.

Are main interest is going to be with getting the Pennsylvania local health
departments, NON AVMA vets, Hospital Emergency rooms, & Shelters.  It is in
my opinion that the AVMA Vets do or at least should know about the
Compendium.

     Re: Your 2/9 post : Why are you not interested in AVMA vets?
     Here in MD we find them to be very helpful.  There is a Pa
     AVMA, and a big network of ferret vets in that org who can
     help you. ...

I have contacted the PA AVMA, to find out about getting a listing of the PA
AVMA Vets.  They informed me that a request would have to be made in writing
and then it would have to go in front of the Board of Directors ..  and then
we not even get a copy.  And just to try and find a AVMA Vet ... by just
calling phone numbers would just be slowing us down at this point.  If
anyone was to know of a PA AVMA Vet and could get us the name and phone
number so that we could speak to them in this regards ... Please feel free
to email myself at [log in to unmask] or Gina Hart at [log in to unmask]  We
will use any resource possible to speared the word in Pennsylvania.