From:
Lee McKee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 1997 09:23:00 +0400
>From:    Jay Scott Embry <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Lost dear one.
>Last night during a rain shower, Thunder, my spoiled, never been alone, one
>year old, unaltered male, silver-mauve, deaf DEAR ONE, got out via a door
>left carelessly ajar. ... What am I forgetting?  Is there ANYTHING else?
>Please, please help.

Here are some suggestions:

-- scatter the contents of the litterbox around the house. His scent may
   lead him back.
-- be sure to notify the mail carrier, the meter readers, the UPS and FedEx
   delivery guys and other neighborhood couriers.
-- if there are apartment buildings in the area, talk to the building
   superintendents, and tell them there's achance the ferret may be on the
   grounds or in the basement.  Ask them to let you post a flyer by the
   mailboxes.
-- the children in your neighborhood will probably find him before anyone
   else does, or will know if someone took him in.  Be sure to talk to
   the kids.
-- in your flyers and in talking to people, be sure to state that Thunder
   is deaf.
-- notify your local pet stores and other vets in the area, as well as the
   nearest ferret club or shelter.  People finding a ferret tend to call
   these places for advice on how to keep it or how to find its owner.
-- Put up flyers at the neighborhood convenience stores, grocers,
   laundromat ...
-- Keep looking around and inside the house.

Good luck,

-- Lee, one of the Massachusetts Ferret Friends

-- Lee