Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2010 03:12:34 -0500
In most, perhaps all, things in life there is NOT just one right way to
do things. Back when we were kids we often were told that there was in
the kiddie media, but most of us here no longer are kids. We are here
to share the experiences and learning which shape our own choices, but
we also are here to respect that those differ among us because we each
have our own unique background of experiences. Few of us here are any
longer kids opening up magazines each month hoping tone told how to do
things. We instead wear what we want, style our hair as we want, do or
do not get tattoos as we want, and we use our own reading and our own
experiences to select among the viable food options and decide which of
them we will use while knowing that nothing is perfect.

BTW, when you look around at mystical portrayals involving food do not
forget to include atheists and your own belief systems whether those
are the same or not. For whatever reason food is imbued by humans with
such characteristics beyond logical margins, just as are some other
things like fire, water and ashes. I am not saying these things are not
important but so are many other things. I am saying that the tendency
to treat certain things as if they are mystical or magical appears to
be hard wired among humans and that tendency may color discussions and
sadly that affect can create a very uncivil situation.