From:
Sharon Arganbright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 12:23:02 PST
>Or possibly a cortisone creme would help the inflammation.  Does anyone
>out there know if these are OK to use with ferrets?  Karla

I don't know much about Pharmacology of ferrets, but I do know that you
shouldn't use cortisone on people if there's a infection.  not without a
doctors ( or vets) recommendation, at least.  Cortisone (and other
corticosteroids) actually REDUCE the body's ability to fight infections.
I've got references on that at home (not with me) if anyone wants them.

Suzanne
with Jubai and Mishi Ferret
and Athena Kitty
and Dijon-the-twelve-pound-kitten