From:
Ann Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 31 May 1993 22:52:33 -0400
The mystery virus has not gone away yet. I know of cases in Pennsylvania,
Virginia (1 fatality), Maryland (1 fatality), and NY in the last
two weeks. Although MIT is working hard to identify it, they did not
have enough tissue samples... they do now. I will post a complete
update in about two weeks, when we have more information.

This stuff does seem to be following the show circuits. Fortunately,
animals surviving cannot be reinfected, and MIT thinks that the
immunity will be carried to future offspring.  I hope they do not
see this stuff in Connecticut after the FACT show.

There are many of us still working hard at nailing this stuff down.  I
don't know if there's any way to stop it other than a vaccine, but from
all indications, the future generations will have immunity.
--Ann Davis