From:
Urban Fredriksson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 1997 19:11:33 +0200
Roxane has been ill, but yesterday evening she pulled down a sweater from
the hanger and this morning she was on the table trying to get cheese from
my sandwich, so I think she's almost well now.

But when she was ill, she lost a lot of weight, and now masses around 0.7 kg
which is smaller than I've ever seen her, and considering the size of her
head, shoulders and length, that's far too little, I think.

I've been feeding her special restorative food, but it really makes no
difference now that's she's well enough to eat normally, so I wonder if I
should try to fatten her up another 0.1 kg.  I'd like her to have some
margin just in case she gets ill again, but can you expect ferrets to gain
weight in the spring?  Or is it just that they gain weight much slower than
they lose it, so she'll be the largest female again soon (Natasja's gone)
whatever I do?
--
 Urban Fredriksson  [log in to unmask]
 My ferret diary --> http://www.alfaskop.net/%7Egriffon/ferrets/