From:
"Helen M. Wojciechowski" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Aug 2005 10:28:09 EDT
Hello All,

I didn't want any of you to think I dropped off the face of the earth
all though I would like to some times.  I thought I should check in and
update everyone on what is going on.

I have been real busy lately.  As you know we have been trying to build
a ferret room for 4 years now and it is finally getting done.  It takes
time with no help and not much money.  We finally got the room finished
for the ferrets a few weeks ago but we are still working on the other
side where my office and wash room will be.  The ferrets are in their
room and love it for those of you that would like to see pictures of it
please ask me.  I will be posting pictures on my E-group
so our members can see them.

Last week my friend was here from Tennessee so I wasn't on line much.  I
also had to work more hours in order to get caught up at work.  The girl
that presses shirts quit so I had to pick up her slack.  I am off work
for a few days while they put in the new boiler.

Today we will be working in ferret room.  It is cleaning day in there
from top to bottom.  My husband and daughter are working on the other
side where my office will be.  They are putting down the floor.  I am
hoping before long I will be in there too.  Thank God all I have to do
is supply the material, my husband has done the work along with our
help.  I have had to pay as I go so it has taken us 4 years just to
get the ferrets in their room.

To update on what is going on with the shelter kids.  Six weeks ago
we had two adoptions, with two ferrets each going to two different
homes :-).  I thought oh boy 4 have gone on to forever homes finally
adoptions are starting to take place and not the other way around.

I should no better than to do my own thinking.  Right after that I took
in three ferrets from the same person all under one year old and I also
took in a single who is only one year and one month old.  We are now back
up to 39 shelter ferrets.  I have received three emails on potential
adopters each wanting pairs.  I also got a call from a lady that wants
one ferret to keep hers company.  I have told her before this can happen
she must get hers ADV tested and she has agreed to do so.  She will be
coming here tomorrow afternoon for me to test her ferret and send it out
to United.  Please keep us in prayer that all goes through and they all
adopt from us.  That would mean five more going to forever homes and
these kids all deserve forever homes.

I guess that is about it just thought I should check in.  If anyone in
our area is interested in adopting please contact us.  I would love to
see them all get forever homes.

We can also use some volunteers and we are always in need of supplies.  If
you feel you would like to sponsor one of our ferrets please contact us.

Oh yes our new web site is looking good.  Melissa has been working on it
and she is doing an outstanding job.  Melissa lives in the Pittsburgh
area and is on my group and several others.  I can't thank her enough
for all she is doing for us.  Thanks Melissa.  If you would like to
check it out here is the link
<http://Helpinghandsferretrescue.com>

God Bless You
Helen