Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 23:29:57 EDT
I am off today taking what my neighbors call 'a Polish Holiday.'  I have
been up since early morning feeding the wild life, clipping ferret nails,
cleaning stinky ferret ears, giving baths to wriggling war dancing leapers,
soaking and scouring 17 disgusting litter boxes, and driving over an hour
round trip to get litter and food from a pet shop that does not sell any
animals.

The ferrets allowed me some time then to do My errands-like buying more
cleaning supplies to clean up after them.  Then I found myself vacuuming up
litter, dusting off litter dust, throwing out well over 75 pounds of dirty
litter in 4 full garbage containers, replacing about 75 pounds of litter,
scrubbing floors with litter and dust, doing 4 loads of ferret wash, and
making Bob C. chicken soup.

I had a brief break to eat dinner.  But then there were all the dishes and
pots to wash, syringe feeding the guys still recovering from the infection
the cat gave them, leaving food and water out for all of our night visitors
[a red fox, 2 coyotes, skunk, opossum, fat raccoons, and a feral cat] and
laying down the toys for tomorrow morning to surprise the troops with.  It
is now about 10 p.m.

Gotta love those  'days off'  don't ya?

P.S.: I never personally met anyone Polish that was not hard working, and
decent.  I do not mean any offense whatsoever when I use the term "Polish
Holiday" which my Polish neighbors taught me.

PSS  Lots of animals not making it out there in this drought.  We have torn
up and cemented most of natures land with no regard for other beings. It
makes me ill to see what people are doing.  If you can-Please leave some
clean water out every day, maybe along with the food your fert did not eat.
This is obviously not plausible for many people.  But every person in life
can make a difference

That wild vacationer,
Lisette