From:
Mickey Rene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 16:42:06 EDT
[Moderator's note: You've been on the list for week,,, I assume you just
want this note to be posted and the Subject is an error.  BIG]

Hi.  I recently got a new ferret.  As a little kid, I had two ferrets, but
they died five years ago.  Freddy and Franky were their names, and I truly
missed their companionship.  This is where my new ferret comes in.

Since my 16th birthday is coming up at the end of the month, I wanted a very
special gift that I could remember by.  For Christmas I had asked my parents
for a ferret, but they refused since we just got a new house.  Needless to
say, I put on the puppy eyes for them at the pet store last week, and I
actually succeeded in getting one.

So now it's been one week.  I have a less than 2 month old ferret in a cage
in my room (who is out frequently, by the way).  She is fun, energetic, and
anxious.  Of course, this is how I came up with the name "Jitterbug." The
cutest part about this new edition to my family is the fact that our puppy
(whose name is Dixie) plays with her.  They roll around on the couch
together, and Jitterbug nibbles at her feet.  Of course, I would never let
things get out of hand between the two of them, and I always keep an extra
eye out in case they start getting too rough with one another.  Our older
dog, Fuggles, pretty much ignored her for the first week.  It's just been
these two past days that he has actually started to become curious of her.

So here starts the story of the new edition to my family-may the chapters in
her life be long and prosperous!