Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 08:50:49 -0500
Hi all, and thanks for all the wonderful advise on how to introduce my
son's kitty to the my fuzzies.

I finally decided that today was the day to introduce the babies up
close.  I have been holding her and letting her sniff and look at the
fuzzies in their cages while they sleep.  Brownie woke up last night and
sniffed at her through the walls of his house.  She was alarmed but not
too bad.

So, this morning I took the kids to the playroom.  I took the kitty and
held her on my lap.  I brought Brownie up on the bed with us and set him
down.  Brownie was very curious.  He came up and stuck his nose right in
the kitties face!  The poor kitty didn't know what to do.  I just kept
petting her and telling her nice things.  She was hissing, but not much.
She didn't run away but she didn't care for the ferrets at all.  Milly
jumped up with us and I put the kitty on the bed, thinking she might be
more secure if she could move around.  She came back to me and looked at
me like "what are this things?!"  That all lasted about 2-3 minutes and
then I took her out.  The ferrets seem to think she's a neat new toy
and were really wound up afterwards.  They were dancing all over and
attacking my feet like crazy.

I can't believe I was worried about the ferrets.  That poor poor
kitty. ;-D  Oh well, I'm not planning on leaving them alone together,
but at least I know the ferrets won't get eaten.

Thanks again for all the helpful advise and support.  Hopefully things
will calm down around here now.

Shelley and the furry monsters