From:
*Ferrets* <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 19:16:53 -0000
Hi in my case the ferrets came first and by the time the dogs started to
arrive I had 60 plus ferrets.

My oldest dog, a stray kitten and a young ferret jill were all taken in
hand by my very possessive older cat, if she was not training them to
climb trees or stalk the poultry then they were all under the table in a
basket.  The old cat has long since gone but the dog cat and ferret are
still mates.  Out of them all the ferret is getting a little senile, the
cat no longer wished to go out on cold dark night and the dog prefers my
bed to his, at 13 what can you expect

By the time the second pup arrived she was OK with the ferrets until she
got old and grumpy, now aged 11 years she is only up to short walks or
sleeping.

When the third pub arrived she got quite frightened when one by one the
ferret would lift her tail just to make sure she was one of the crowed,
she came in very handy when she was having a false pregnancy as I had a
litter of ferret brought into me, they were two weeks old and their mum
had died, she took over the nursing and cleaning of the litter and I with
the help of my partner did the feeding.  This one has been a god send any
young ferrets need looking after and she ready to do her part, even
though she has been spayed.