From:
Kirk Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 15:22:50 MST
Hi All,

  Time to do a little proud-parent bragging again :-)  Nikkei (our new
9-week-old fuzzmonster) discovered my snow boots a few days ago.  He likes
to climb up the outside then climb down the inside.  Then he pushes himself
out backward and flops off to the floor, or manages to tip a boot over (with
him in it) and back out.  Yesterday I saw him in a tipped-over boot, digging
hard at the inside.  I thought, "there goes that insole," and went over to
grab him out of the boot.  Then I found out he'd already gotten the insole
out and was digging at the fluffy fabric beneath it.  He's a fast little
bugger!
  In the last week Nikkei has also discovered climbing, trashcans, socks,
my wife's teddy bear collection, and as a result of all that, time-outs :-)
It's funny to watch him drag off an unsuspecting teddy bear and go crazy
trying to bite it's foot off, but Michelle is not amused (well, a little
amused :-)).
  We found out he goes crazy for jingle bells, so Michelle got him a big
one to play with when he is in his cage.  He had a lot of fun playing
with it last night.  We had quite a bit less fun listening to him swat it
around at 3 this morning...
  One last story: last week I left my leather bomber jacket hanging on
the back of a chair in the dining room.  Nikkei was just able to grab the
end of the sleeve.  The next thing I knew he had climbed up inside the
sleeve, about halfway up.  After a few seconds he poured himself back out
of the sleeve and ran off to find more mischeif.  I now know what a
ferret dispenser would look like.

Kirk, Michelle, and Nikkei (But you only let me out to play 5 minutes ago.
                            Why do I have to go back in already?)
snowless in Denver, CO