From:
lisa zeffiro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 11:38:07 -0500
Hello all,

It'a been a busy couple of weeks over here and I haven't been able to keep
up with the list.  Want to send my thoughts out to all the sick, lost and
bridged babies...........I just wanted to give an update on Ruby and see
if anyone has anymore advice.  First I would like to thank Jackie, Kelly
and Donna for being there and giving great advice:) Thank you.

Friday has been 4 weeks since Rubys' accident.  My last vet visit was on
the 3rd and I go back on the 24th for the kits last sets of shots and
another look at her.  As of the visit on the 3rd my vet wanted me to let
her out more, get some exercise, but no wrestling.  He said he sees
improvment from the first day she came in.  Feeling that she is so young
that she should heal quickly.  She still drags her back legs.  When going
potty she is starting to have a slight ferret arch and tries to lift her
tail.  She grabs your fingers with her toes.  We have been working her
legs and am going to let her have some time working her legs in water
(thanks Jackie).  I still keep her seperate from the other girls in the
carrier when sleeping.  When she is out she is just like any other ferret.
Wants to play, pulls herself through the tubes, chases balls and wants so
bad to wrestle.  I ususually let everyone out at the same time so when
they do wrestle I have to break it up.  I'll pick up Ruby and she says
"put me down mom, I want to play!  I was kicking her butt too!!" I pray
she gets better and I have been told by others that it can take several
weeks so I guess we are half way there.  I also got one of those ferret
security cubes.  It is huge.  But in 3 days the girls haven't touched it
yet.  I think I need to go rearrange the cage.  Hope this wasn't to long.

Thank you and ferret hugs,
Lisa, Pumpkin, Monkey, Ruby and Cocoa
Missing my angel Bandit