From:
Maureen Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 1997 11:33:41 -0500
Hi all,
I'm glad I'm making an attempt to keep up with the list.

Our little Ruby, our youngest female albino, started behaving
uncharacterically.  She quickly lost weight, wasn't eating, and had green,
jelly-like poops.

Thanks to reading the list, I knew that it probably was a cold or flu.  The
doctor quickly spotted her red throat, and swollen glands.  She hadn't been
eating because her throat probably hurt.  She had been playing in the water
a lot because that probably soothed her throat.  She usually liked her food
wet so seeing her put her food in the water didn' t initially clue us in.

She's on amoxi and getting back to her old self now.  She was such a fatty
that I hated to see her lose weight so fast.  We recently installed a new
rug and was restricting her and her brothers from the livingroom.  I at
first thought that she was reacting to not having free rein.

This is such a resource.  I have only one mailing list and require of myself
that I keep up no matter what..even if it's to scan the topics list to see
what the discussions are about.

Rescues: It breaks my heart to read of the careless cruelty (Boris Ferretlof
and Anastasia)some humans are capable of.  It lifts my heart to read of the
loving care that some of them are able to receive at the hands of our Rescue
and Shelter people.  Keep up the good work.

                                Moe