From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 2005 08:41:22 -0800
A most special arrival tentatively walked through the warm glow at the
end of the bridge the other day.  It felt like forever for her to walk
over the creaky boards of the bridge.  She was so young ... and shy.
And although she was a bit confused of where she was, she seemed just a
little relieved when she felt the love and happiness and felt the content
in the air.  But when our eyes met, an incredible calm came over her.
One that she was not familiar with.  She let me approach her and wrap
my soft, wispy wings around her.

She looked back over her shoulder with a tear in her eye.  I turned her
face forward and told her to not look back.  I told her to look forward.
Even if that was in the reflecting pond to visit her family.  I asked
her why she wanted to look back anyway.  And she told me that she felt
a twinge of guilt.  Whatever for I had wondered.  This little girl, so
sweetly named Misty, felt bad that she hadn't a chance to express the
great love and gratitude she had felt for her new family.  She said that
her body was so used to reacting with fear, it didn't match her real
thoughts.  And she worried that her family misunderstood that.  She told
me the story about how she was found by her family, and her terribly
short time with them.

But see it wasn't short.  It was short to the family.  But not to a
ferret.  A ferrets live on earth is passionate and quick to humans.  But
it feels like a life time to a ferret.  Yes, Misty was just a young thing
when she passed away, but not an infant, and she did have enough time
with her new family to learn what love and acceptance was.  And now that
she is here, she can learn how to express her feelings better than what
she could on earth.  She'll be plenty whole when her parents arrive
someday to hold and kiss her.  And for these lessons, I have help.

Weangels by the names of Booger, Maxine, Maxi, Fritz, and Pepper arrived
that day.  And for a little spice, a dog named Whiskey the dog.  You
know, up at the bridge, there is no such thing as severe anger, despair
or fear.  There is hesitance and slight confusion at worst.  So,
curiously, Misty sniffed the other ferrets and was in wonder where her
fear and her startle reflexes were.  Then with a funny woof, and plopping
of the paws, entered Whiskey.  Misty danced and dooked with excitement
over this big "ferret".  Whiskey was here to make Misty laugh (he-he in
ferret), while the others were there to love, comfort, and keep Misty
warm until her parents arrive.

At the end of the day, before the stars rose, Misty went to the
reflecting pond, but saw something called guilt in her old home.  I went
to give her a message from her family, but she held up her wing and said
she already knew.  Her message to them is that with each breeze, with
every ray of sunshine and moonshine, guilt will dissipate.  And the rain
will wash away their tears.  And SHE will be the one comforting them one
day.

Now on to lessons of how to dive bomb the wild black footed ferrets, bite
the badgers toes, chase the kits, and try to snatch other ferrets halos!