From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 02:03:58 -0500
Luckily my parents are very ferret-loving.  (well, too loving sometimes.
they were ferretsitting last weekend while I hosted a dinner party with my
boyfriend.  When they came for dinner they mentioned casually that they
hadn't put the ferrets in the cage.  They were letting them free-roam in a
ferret-safe but not ferret-proof room, with a young dog on the other side
of the barrier to the room.  It was a quick dinner!)  Anyways, some people
just find those "ferret for dinner" comments appropriate and entertaining.
My grandmother (who still has my ferrets christmas photo from last year
up on her fridge) has to continually remark that they would make a great
entree or coat.  On thanksgiving when I questioned what the heck mince
meat pie is anyways - I was told gleefully "ferret".

I take it humorously, but really - how would people react if I told them
Fido would make a great ribs appetizer?!