From:
Kevin Farlee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 2009 07:54:00 -0700
>He is having a bit of build up on his teeth, but i'm reluctant
>to take him in for teeth cleaning as he is a little old man with
>adrenal disease. He is 7 1/2 years old right now. I'm not sure if
>it would be such a good thing for him to go under anaesthesia (sp?)
>at this point.

The bad part of nasty teeth is that the infections in the gums can
cause many other health issues.

That's why it's important to take care of teeth. I understand not
wanting to put a 7 1/2 year old ferret under anesthesia. Perhaps you
can find a vet like mine who will clean teeth without putting them
under.

At a minimum, I'd recommend going to a vet and buying tube of CET
toothpaste. It's not a prescription item, but can only be found at
vets. It has enzymes that help to break down the deposits. Keep
brushing regularly, every few days until the gums are no longer
inflamed.

Kevin Farlee