From:
Jennifer Halbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 13:38:54 -0800
Hi,
Thought this was a great idea, and I am really enjoying reading the
"behavior modification therapy" in about 14 days, hopefully she will
figure out that eating is not a bad thing!

Okay so my first ferret was named Suki.  Suki means "beloved" in Japanese,
but more importantly means "long tailed chicken hawk" in Chipiwa (please
forgive my spelling).  When we got Suki we had picked out both Suki and
Ricki Tiki Tavi (for a boy) and went to pick out our ferret.  The two
ferrets we had picked out suited their respective names, but it looked like
Ricki was going to be the winner until he bite me, I later found out from
people at the pet store that the only reason he bite me was cause my Suki
nailed him but good on the butt.  So that is how my beloved angel got her
name.  We never got a Ricki, Suki did not like other ferrets, we tried
though and my ex still has Yaki.  Get it Suki-Yaki? *S*

Annika was the eighth ferret of a litter of nine.  Unfortunatly only 7 kits
survived, the one born just before Annika and the one born just after her.
My little runt then became the Seventh surviving kit of a litter of Nine.
It seemed only logical at that point to name her after what she was.  Seven
of Nine (Star Trek Voyager's half borg-half human character).  We decided
on using the character's human name (Annika) and adding the seven of nine
after.  So my little girl's full name is TCH Annika Seven of Nine.  Quite a
mouth full for a little ferret, but boy does she know when she is in
trouble, when she hears the full name she just stops what she is doing and
goes to her punishment cage and climbs in and waits for me to close the
door! *L*

Sorry this was so long!

So that is how my ferrets got named!

Sending my prayers to all those that have lost fuzzies.  I know that the
pain never goes away, Annika has helped me remember that it is all worth it
in the end.

Hugs to all
Jenn and annika (I dont feel so good,... something is missing in my tummy)
and shawn