From:
Carla Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 13:23:45 -0500
Juliana, I'm so sorry to hear about FUBAR.  We were at your place last
year (I have an Inola, too).  We live in ALA now.  The same thing happen
to Berlioz last Christmas.  We were visiting my in-laws and had the
three-story cage, but the kids were allowed to play in the bedroom because
it was mostly empty.  There was a big cabinet, but I had shoved it close
enough to the wall at the bottom, so they couldn't get under it.  I was in
the living room when this feeling of terror came across me.  I ran into the
room, thinking Liu Kang was picking on Berlie (the baby, 6mo then) I called
and searched, no Berlie.  I thought maybe he was asleep somewhere and
started to leave the room to look around the house, when I heard this
scrabble sound.  I pulled the cage back and there was Berlie.  His head
was jammed about 2 ft up behind the cabinet.  I lifted him out.  He was
terrified, his little heart racing.  Hs eyes were bulgy from the pressure.
I was so fortunate, but I knew how close it was.  He had apperantly lept
from the top of the cage when Liu was chasing him and got stuck.  I know
it's a hard thing to live through, so many times we come close to losing
them, and we feel we should do everything possible, but there's still
something we overlook.