From:
Sherry yesthat'sme <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 09:31:11 EDT
Hello to  Everyone,

Diane had asked about free ferret cards.  Check out these sites:

http://www.ferrets.net/aprille/postcards/

http://www.southeast-pa.com/~aprille/

http://www.fascinatingferrets.com/

Hope this helps.

Also, I would like to say thank you to everyone. I always believed that
knowledge is power.  Yesterday, I proved it.  We have Abby, 20 months old
and Montanna (10 weeks old).  Another vet visit was yesterday, we waited
25 mins. after the shot of distemper was given to both.  Then our usual,
off to the pet store for a toy for each.  Spoiled rotten!  We left the pet
store 30 mins. later and Abby started to vomit.  I knew what was happening
at that very moment....back to the vets, in rush hour...UGH!  It took us
about 15 mins to get there.  Abby had vomited several times, gasping,
laying on her side,clawing her face, heart rate was fast and hard.  We
made it back and they took her immediately.  After the benedryl, she was
good, tired, but good.  Knowledge!

Second step...what will she eat?  Picky little stinker she is!  I bought
some whipping cream.  She liked it!  Of course off the finger tip, can't
get whiskers dirty!  Still the little lady!  She is fine and eating today.
PHEW!  Knowledge!

Ohhh, you may ask, what was Montanna doing?  At the vet he was sleeping,
on his back as usual.  People would come over to look at him.  My son
would pet him, he would yawn, stretch all legs, spread the toes, look at
everyone, and doze back off.  Worried sick, wasn't he!

Thanks for the education...

One question...I asked the vet about Montannas anus, it's a little puffy.
She said it was nothing to worry about, yet.  I read that someone uses
preparation H , rinsed out.  Is this correct?  Is it healthy?

Thanks again...
Sherry, Abby, and Montanna