From:
Jeff Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 08:46:00 -0700
I was very lucky when it came to getting an apartment in LA LA land that
was pet friendly to begin with.  I moved in with a cat from hell who tore
out one of the screens so I wouldn't have to make a pet door for him.  My
land lord owns two cats and Boxer.  When I lost my cat (actually My parents
lost him) I began looking for a new pet that was a bit less reckless.  A
ferret seemed perfect.  I talked it over with the land lord first(e was
very pet friendly after all) and he told me a previous tenant had one with
out any incident and he'd keep the secret.  I for one have had not had
problems with my ferret at home.  She does treat the rug rather badly at
times but I have a high deposit I'll never see again I'm sure of.  The land
lord always gives me a day two notice before any one enters the apartment
for maintenance so I can keep her properly hidden (she has run of the
bedroom while I'm at work or school).  She doesn't really go out, but my
land lords doge loves to come by and smell her quite a lot.  The two seem
to get along except Cookie The bull dog would love to chase her about from
time to time.  Neither has ever hurt the other but I always keep a hand on
each just in case after all

Take care,