From:
sheena staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 21:15:16 -0800
>I would like to take a sec to respond to Bill Killian.  He stated that
>instead of breeding Coco (that's the blind one), I should have used the
>hormone injection.  Well, personally, I will not use that injection as it
>has carcinogens.

Just out of curiousity ... we have had jills spayed in all stages of their
heat cycles and never had a problem.  As I understand it, the hormone shot
is often more useless than anything else, and you may as well simply spay
the jill.  A good vet will have no problems doing so, am I correct?  Have I
been mislead and just real lucky, or is your vet not experienced and/or
confidant enough to perform the spay on a jill in heat?

Bill: amazing how many ferret owners you find in your neighborhood when you
are seaching for one, no?  I've met many a ferret fancier in ferret-tracking
quests mysrelf.  The best one was finding the wayward Madeline Ferret (you
know who are you are, Madeline Mischief!)

We received the most pathetically mistreated and malnourished geriatric
ferrets on our doorstep at 11:00 this evening.  One has a tumour on his rear
leg that may as well be a third leg, and he is blind and too skinny for
words.  His companion is in rough shape with a very distended belly.  These
fuzzy critters have had it rough.  They don't even have names.

Sheena
Wherret Ferrets Halfway House and Ferretry
Ferret Association of Greater Vancouver