From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 1996 09:36:24 -0500
If anyone has sent me email and hasn't received a reply, I'm sorry.  First
it was a major power outage throughout the area, then, one day after we got
power back, my modem phone line went dead.  The phone company was great
though, and rushed through the repair.  Hopefully, by tonight I should be
back on-line again and able to read and answer mail (at least start.)

The telephone repair man was scheduled in on Saturday, but came on Friday
morning.  He was greeted at the door by 13 ferrets, who immediately
surrounded him begging for attention.  Bear, in particular, wanted the
repair man to pick him up.  Actually I think it was part of a ferret ploy to
steal his tools, because as soon as he set his tool bag down to pick Bear
up, the rest of the crew piled into the tool bag.  We're still not positive
that one or two aren't riding around in the telephone truck, hiding in the
tool bag, ready to help at the next repair location.  We'll have to do a paw
count soon.

    Dick B. - "I'm sure happy you guys behaved yourselves."
    Valentine - "Did you see the neat gloves I found?"
    Bud - "That's nothing.  Look at this great set of pliers."
    Simon - "I got a new set of screwdrivers."
    Martin - "No one better touch my rolls of tape."
    Mickey - "If I can't play with your tape, you can't play
              with my wire cutters."
    Berret - "Wait until you see the great multi-meter I got
             you for Christmas."
    Loki - "All I got was some clips.  Anyone want to trade?"
    Topaz - "I got his hat.  It won't fit under the china
              cabinet though."
    Bear - "You guys had better share with me.  I got him to put
              down his tool bag."
    Spook - "Bear, here.  You can share this sandwich I found."
    Garfunkle - "I didn't get anything. There wasn't anymore room
                in there for me."
    Mynne - "I wonder what this thing-a-ma-gig is for?"
    Patches - "I tried to take the whole tool bag, but you guys
              made it too heavy for me to move."