From:
Kelly White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 15:46:54 -0600
Hi, it's me again.  I normally wouldn't ever post twice in one day, but a
great opportunity has come up and I have some questions.  There is a
magazine that I won't name, but it frequently has stuff on ferrets, even
though the magazine isn't exclusively devoted to them, and they are seeking
interns for next summer.  To be hired, you have to submit a story to them.
Since I am a magazine journalism major, I REALLY want this!  (even though
it's in California...sigh).  I thought I'd do my story on the effects of
early altering on ferrets...not just the negatives, I'll try to find
positives to balance the story....Mostly what I'm looking for is any
references dealing with the subject if you know of them...statistics,
figures, respected vet opinions...etc...If you run a shelter or breeding
operation and you have anything to add on the subject, I'd love to hear from
you.  Thanks!

Also.  I think my roommate's ferret, Cosette, is deaf.  How can you tell for
sure?  Has anyone shoulder trained a deaf ferret?  If they can't hear the
newspapers rustle, what's an alternative method for this? (she isn't afraid
of falling)

Have a great day, and kiss your ferret for me.
(while Reverend Maynard is away, the jills will play)
                                   --->Kelly
 |\__\           /__/|          Head of Animal Optometry
 |  o o         o o  |          "Damn you, Let the Rabbits wear glasses"
/    =p=     =q=   \          University of Houston
Reverend Maynard: "I'm not looking at you."  Edie: "Snore, squeak."
** "A man talking sense to himself is no madder than a man talking nonsense
not to himself." **
      (Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead)