From:
Arlena Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2007 14:42:47 -0500
Now, with the heat of summer, just around the corner, it is time to
start thinking of our kiddies, to prevent Heat Stress and/or Heat
Stroke. Both of these conditions are very dangerous, especially if
the inside and/or outside temperature rises above seventy-five (75)
degrees. When a ferret or another animal is feeling the effects of Heat
Stress, they become quite listless and start panting. Unlike a cat or
dog, a ferret can not dissipate body heat, by panting. If Heat Stress
is not caught, soon enough, it will turn into Heat Stroke, which can
lead to Death.

Since my kiddies and I live in Central Florida, in a small mobilehome,
I keep a close eye on the inside temperature. When it is eighty (80)
degrees or higher, my kiddies start to suffer.

To make it more comfortable, for my kiddies, I wrap a RubberMaid Blue
Ice (1034) Flat Pack ( http://www.rubbermaid.com/ ) in a towel and put
it in their pet beds. I keep four of the Flat Packs in my refrigerator.
I purchased the Flat Packs, in the Wal-Mart Sports Department. Also, I
put ice cubes in their water bowls and crushed ice in their water
bottles.

Smiles,
Arlena
Ferrets Rule My World!
Owned By The Brat Pack And The Furo Mafia!
Every Ferret Has A Song And Dance!