From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 09:57:33 -0800
Hi, it's me the fur-angel Sandee ::waving a paw::.  I had the most
wonderful day yesterday because I got to meet a really cute boy named
Smudge.  Smudge arrived at the bridge in style.  He rode the color bands
of a rainbow all the way up here.  He had a little bit of blue residue
on his rump from the ride when he crossed the bridge which he shook off
before approaching me.  I gave him a big salute and right behind me, was
a special group of guys named Brownie, Sam and Gus.  They sat up on their
haunches and gave a salute to him as well and then they giggle-dooked
loudly.  It was a really neat reunion.  They rushed Smudge and with a
great leap they wrestled him down to the ground.

I leaned against a tree and polished my nails on my fur while they romped
about and I waited for them to calm down.  When they finished greeting
each other and playing, I led Smudge on his tour.  He grabbed a foamy fry
from the foamy fry forest and gnawed it as we walked on to go see the
ferretone place, fleece mountain, hammy land, sleep sack valley, shoots
and ladders, ladder world, and the reflecting pool.  He kept running back
and forth to the forest though for more fries.  He was too full after
all of those fries to enjoy the ferretone fountain or waterfall which is
where Gus wanted to go next.  To be polite Smudge went along anyway and
watched Gus enjoy it.

Brownie and Sam suggested that we hit the shoots and ladders next.  We
had a blast.  Smudge had the brightest twinkle in his eye and the goof
kept sliding down the tubes only to roll and thrash about in the cottony
clouds at the end.  We were all laughing at him.  He sure was obsessed
with foamy fries though.  I took one and bopped him right on the head
once and then he smacked me with his fry.  The other boys had fits in
the clouds while we had a giant sword fight with them.

This stop in life seems all the more sweet for him because although he
had a bad start in Utah, things only got better and better.  First with
the rescue, then with his new home with Mick and Amy.  Now he's here and
at peace with his brothers and the other Utah ferrets who have arrived.
It's only going to get better because someday, his mommy and dad will
arrive here to carry him off for eternity.  He can snuggle in his mommy's
lap while his daddy pets him forever.  For now, he'll be quite busy
having fun and he can snuggle on fleece mountain with the others.  I can
assure you that he can put his ear to the clouds any time he wants to
hear his mommy and daddy's voice.

Sandee