From:
Amy McNamara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 14:42:21 -0600
Jason took Miya to the vet yesterday, and she was prescribed some steroid
eye drop stuff to reduce the swelling in her right eyelid.  The vet
suspects the swelling is caused by either a scratched eye*lid* or clogged
tear duct (gland?).  You think administering ear mite medicine is tough?
HA!  Try scruffing, prying open, and dripping medicine INTO her eye!
*wiggle wiggle* Miya is the master of resisting the scruff!  But she is
the cutest princess of a ferret that ever existed.  Thanks to everyone
who answered my post.  I didn't want to come across as being cheap, but
I honestly didn't know if this type of thing was considered an emergency,
or a "wait-it-out" situation.

On another note, the kids got one of those new Marshall's fleece hanging
cube things for Christmas and they absolutely LOVE it!

*hugs n' dooks*

Amy & the brat pack ;O)

~~~
Visit Miya, Nina, Rascal, Jack, Joey, and Koty @