From:
Kristeen Kohrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Aug 2005 09:37:36 -0400
Well my Miss Nettles was selected for the FML calendar.  She is VERY
excited!  She doesn't have any great rescue story --- after several
years of being part of shelter support with MetroFerret in NJ/NY I
wanted a baby!  She and her brother were given to me by a local woman --
with a small breading operation.  Her 1/2 brother A-Rod is in this
year's calendar.

I named both kits after famous Yankee third baseman hoping that it would
get my dad (and my baseball mentor) to be a little more interested in
them -- it didn't work for Dad but it makes my non-ferret owning friends
laugh about how I combined my big obsessions.

As for Nettles, she is a petite cinnamon girl , just 16 months old --
she actually doesn't mind being held and loves belly scratches while
she is in your arms.  She is a kissy little lady and just a joy!

Last fall her breeder Mom had some personal issues and a local shelter
helped to re-home her ferrets.  Nettles Mother, Mama was quickly adopted
by me and added to the "Kohrs Klan".  Mama is a beautiful petite albino.
Last month when Nettles (and A-Rod's) father, Buck, was still in the
shelter I agreed to foster him.  He's a bit of an Alpha male but had
Nettles' big brown eyes and cinnamon coat and gives kisses too.  Any
time I think of asking the shelter Mom for a different foster because
Buck is a little rough I go in to the ferret room to find Nettles, Buck,
and Mama in a hammock together like the traditional "family bed" -- how
can I resist.

I know Nettles doesn't know she's a calendar girl or that she's still
living with her parents but I am VERY proud of her and lover her to bits!

Kristeen