Date:
Wed, 14 May 1997 12:01:57 -0500
>Second, it is presumpuous to assume that just because an animal can live on
>a single food, that it would want too.

While that may be true, if I fed my dog something different every time I
bought food, or even "mixed" occasionally something else with his food he
would have COLITIS VERY VERY BAD!!!!!!!!  Now granted, my dog seems to have
an extra sensative gut...but in the dog world it is very unacceptable to
just "switch foods" if you do so, it is for medical reasons, or because some
type has become unavailable, or the dog suddenly REFUSES the food.  In which
case you GRADUALLY increase one and decrease the other over the course of
about a week or so (depending on the size of the dog).  Are you guys SURE
that this does not cause gastro-intensinal stress in the fuzzys?

>MOST of my treats are of a carnivorous nature; i.e., boiled-until-soft
>chicken bones

Yikes, yikes and double YIKES!!!!  I didn't think that you were supposto
give ANYTHING chicken bones, as they are terribly prone to splintering.
Even boiled, I would think that they could potentially cause problems.
The structure of "bird" bones is that of a mesh of open spaces and bone
connections, and I would thing that these small particles could get lodged
somewhere and cause MASSIVE problems....does anyone else "boil" chicken
bones?

Just a few questions, thanks for your time and answers!!!

Norche
and ???????? the soon to be fert!