Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 10:55:46 -0400
I think what the problem is, Alex, is that by the time Hurricane Renee
hits the Southeast she is at peak strength. You see, when she arrives
at your house in Mass, she is just at the very beginning of forming and
is barely a tropical storm. She is a full blown category 5 hurricane
by the time she blows into my house and seems to suck everything up to
keep building up strength before moving onto the already ravaged people
of La. I'm guessing that along the long journey here the storm drops
off an unprecedented amount of debris. Which you and a few others
might benefit from. Don't get me wrong ... oh we get debris. But it's
by means of unmated socks, bottoms of ferret beds, toothbrushes,
ferretvite tubes that her ferrets have already pierced and sucked dry,
and yes ... fish. I got to keep a sock last time she blew through. But
I had to give the fish up!

In all seriousness, because this is a very serious issue after all ...
how did you wrestle Renee's pot out of her hands? I always tell her
when she arrives. No pot on this property. Put the pot away. I don't
want to see that pot. But no, it'sabadaReneenono, she always manages to
smuggle the pot and her paraphernalia into my home! She's an addict,
Alex. And I have absolutely not experience in dealing with addicts. I
try so hard to not be an enabler. But she is very manipulative. "Just
tonight, just let me light it up, you know I always share what I brew
up, what's the problem? I have more than enough, you have to help me
get rid of some of it," she says. I have two teenagers here. Like
they're going to say no, especially if I'm not present in the room?!
I'm certain although my ferrets hold out strong and resist her ferret's
influence, my husband is very close to being addicted himself. I'm at
a loss here.

Please advise.