From:
jerri carel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 20:18:17 -0800
I know the Marshall controversy is long and old.....but does anyone ever
do anything about their practices?  I see FMLers who don't even know what
the MF issues are (nothing personal guys...I'm just saying that for all
the complaining we do, myself included, maybe we're not doing enough to
effect change).

What would happen if we organized pickets & protests at businesses that
sold Marshall Ferrets - specifying the breeding for lab purposes, early
de-sexing & descenting w/related problems?  Yes, maybe on that given day
or days, those ferrets would not be purchased.....but do you think there's
any chance that the store owners or management might not get in contact
with Marshalls and say "Hey, this isn't good for my business" and demand
change, threaten to buy elsewhere, or possibly just not carry ferrets?
And don't get me wrong, I'm all for people having ferrets - but the
hundreds of shelters & rescues around the US say that we have too many
ferrets being sold as an "impulse" item for $89 at places like Petco.

I'm not trying to start "trouble".....and would never suggest we take
action without the facts and without a good understanding of the
reprocussions.  I'm seriously asking, what would happen???