From:
Sergio Coccia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 1996 14:51:46 -0500
>From:    "Bernard S. Rosenberg" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Is a ferret right for me?
>I would very much like a ferret, but my parents have their doubts.
>Are ferrets destructive? ...

Hi,
My name is Vanessa and Ferrets do dig, but can be taught not to.  My ferret
used to dig at the bottom of my door and learned not to.  She is deaf so it
is harder to teach her things.  Ferrets learn very quickly which is right
and wrong and what is good to do to get treats.  The ferret might go after
your birds but not likely if they are up high.  We have a rabbit at home and
Slinky like to sleep near on on its cage and steal food from its dish.  The
rabbit had to be moved because she was causing stress to it.  The dog may be
a problem.  Cats are generally afraid of ferrets at first but dogs in my
experience want to play and end up hurting the ferret or getting hurt by the
ferret.  If you are able to keep them separate at all times then that may be
the best way to get a ferret.  Or do this until your dog learns to be
gentle.  Hope this helped.

Bye For Now
Vanessa and SLinky