From:
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 13:54:26 -0700
>From:    Richard and Katharine <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Polecats
>Anyone know whether polecats are native/indigenous to N. Florida?

They are not.  But you do have the same long tailed weasel that some in
California confuse with polecats.  And yes we can see why.  There is a
possibly endangered variant called the Florida weasel even (Mustela frenata
peninsulae) Don't know if he's in your area.  But you can check a list at
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/scripts/htmlgen.exe?DOCUMENT_UW115

[bill First time I saw a picture sent to me from California I thought I
was looking a a polecat!  Someone was asking "Ask Buddha" if she had
ferrets in her yard]

b&d
--
bill and diane killian