From:
Jean McKim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 20:28:40 EST
I am very far behind in my reading, but thought I would share my pain with
the only people who would understand.  In the last 3 months Duncan (4?)
died from lymphoma, Misty (4-5?) died from insulinoma, my 15 year old cat
died (we had had him for 14 years!) and our newest ferret, Curly (4 1/2)
who we thought was fine died from a very fast growing tumor.  Kari had
exploratory surgery (she is also about 4-5) and has tumors all through
her.  She is healing up well and doing well on prednisone, but it is only
a matter of time.  Except for Duncan, all happened in the last month.  We
went from 6 ferrets to 3 in a very short time.  Zorro has adrenal disease
and gets a shot of Lupron tomorrow.  Mister is our one remaining healthy
ferret.  Amy, if you're out there, yes these are your cuties I adopted
from you back in Michigan.

My first ferrets lived to be 5 and 9 and my other ferret who had also died
this year was 7 1/2 so this was a surprise!  The vet says we just have
lots of old animals and ferrets are prone to cancer.  Still hurts though.

Thanks in advance for any well wishes.  I know I probably won't keep up
with them, but they are appreciated.

Jean in Michigan