From:
Thor Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 May 1999 09:08:48 -0700
Connie, sounds to me like Elvis is strong and big enough....:) it also
sounds like he gets very excited and happy when he gets to play with Coco,
i wouldn't count on him calming down untill he is way over a year and a
half, i would simply go ahead and put him in with Coco right away, and
watch what happens, unless Coco is screaming and wanting to get away from
him i would let them be, older females tend to set these youngsters
straight when they have had enough, and when he knows he can be together
with Coco all the time my guess is he will calm down,

I would just let them out of their cages to play and let them stay out all
day if possible, then in the afternoon simply put them both in the same
cage, and watch them now and then, Elvis will probably start to play with
Coco but after a while settle down and sleep (maybee with Coco..)  By your
description Elvis sounds to be just playfull and happy and although Coco
may not be overly happy she has to be given the chance to "raise" this kid
and teach him maners.  In most cases there is nothing to worry about when
they are being a little rough with each other, they have really tough skin
and unless you see blood, flying poop, and hear very loud screams, or she
seems frightened and really unable to get away and/or defend herself i
wouldn't interfere, but if they seem to get along while outside of the cage
i wouldn't worry about putting them together in the cage, most likely they
are only establishing the ground rules.

Hope this is of any help.
Sincerely
Josephine