From:
Louis J DiPaola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 02:47:25 EDT
Hi all

I purchased a female brown sable about a month ago, and we have been doing
great.  She has been a lot of work, but well worth it!

I decided I should get her a playmate.  Well, I tried the shelters and even
introduced her to a male and female.  She got along well with the female,
but not the male.  I also soon realized the male came with some very bad
habits.  So I decided to return them to the shelter and buy a kit from the
pet store.

OK, today was the first day the kit was brought home.  I let them meet and
my little cute, sweet 12 week old ferret (name-"Cosette") was a mad woman.
She was grabing the kit by the scruff and draging her.  So of course I
stoped it, put them both back in their own cages and took one out at a time.
Now I am a little (ha--A LOT!!!) nervous about them ever becoming friends.
I have read that they do this sometimes to fight dominance, but wow.
HELP!!!!!!

The new baby is about 6 weeks old, and seems to still be trying to get the
walking thing down.  So the size difference is really a factor also.

Now all else aside, they are both very beautiful!!  If you have experienced
this or can give me some advice, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks alot,

Tom DiPaola

or at my families address on compuserve
(Louis J. DiPaola  71162,1444)