From:
Suzanne Duval <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 2004 11:15:45 EDT
>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>
>James,

Ferret vite is not a laxative..  it's a vitamin supplement that helps
stimulate appetite and increases weight gain.  You should get laxatone
for hairball remedies.  That works well.

Also, if you want to learn more about ferrets, there is a great book
out called "Ferrets for Dummies" by Kim Schilling..  you can find it on
Amazon.com or I've even see them on ebay or at pet stores.  As far as
litter I'm not sure what Marshall litter has in it but I use yesterdays
news..  seems to work good and my ferrets don't play in it.  Just as long
as you don't use any cedar or pine - wood chips litter because that can
cause respiratory problems.  Also, if you don't already know they love
ferretone as a treat and it's good for their coat helps to promote
healthy skin and fur..  (I usually add olive oil to make it last longer)
and you can do almost anything like cut their nails clean their ears
while giving them the ferretone.

Hope some of this helps you out.....
Suzanne and the 5 fuzzies!!!