Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 2010 13:00:28 -0500
I'm not sure if this is anything to be alarmed about, but have any of
you had any experience with a fur kid doing this?

My Frito has always had a bit of a strong personality to say the least,
but lately she has started to show me just how impatient and demanding
she can be. In the past few months, she lost her brothers Sparky and
Rascal, watched her sister Snickers get depressed and then get better
and now her brother Rusty is battling insulinoma. Typically, my fur
kids are out of the cage during the day and put up at night; it's been
this way for 5 years, so nothing's changed there. In the last couple
weeks, Frito has started to protest something wicked about being put
into her cage, clinging to the cage door by all fours while biting and
pulling furiously at the cage. Not wanting for her to hurt herself, I
let her back out for the night.

If she were caged all of the time and never let out, I would understand
her behavior and call it cage stress. The room where she and her
siblings stay out to play is 400 square feet complete with their bed,
blankets, digging box, crinkle tubes, toys galore and hiding places.
Just in the last couple of days, she has been trying to figure out how
to get out of there. Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to ferret
proof my entire house, so she is limited to their room - but she's
never "complained" until now. I feel bad, but she seems to be the only
one with an issue at the moment about her living conditions. Any ideas
on what could be going on with her?

Thanks,

Kristen and the Sunny Bunch
Frito, Snickers, Skittles, Rusty & Precious
Missing Sparky & Rascal