From:
Suzanne Dysard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 1995 17:19:02 -0500
Sebastian and I went on a road trip this weekend and met a couple friends
(Doug & Grant) and their ferrets that I have met through the FML.
Sebastian has been a single ferret most of his life (he will be 4 in Dec).
He did not react very well when he was introduced to the ferrets.  He tried
to jump on the first two and bite them.  When he met the second two, he
became very upset.  He tried to hide from them, clung to his Mommy and was
shaking.  When the other ferrets came to check him out, he would snap at
them and try to bite them.  After a few attempts at meeting him, they gave
up and avoided him like he was "the evil ferret".  We ended up having 3
freaked out ferrets running around (or hiding).

Because of some upcoming changes in my life, I am going to have to give up
Sebastian.  I know that it is going to be the best situation for him but it
is breaking my heart.  We had hoped that he was going to be able to go live
with these two ferrets.  I have another friend from the FML who has been
looking for a ferret but hasn't gotten one yet.  It seems that this may be
a better situation for everyone.

My question is:  is a ferret who has been alone for this long happier to
be alone or would he eventually adjust to other ferrets and enjoy the
companionship?

A special thanks to BIG for maintaining this great forum.  I have made
several friends from the FML.  It's a wonderful source of information,
funny stories and support.

My heart goes out to all of you who have lost fuzzies lately.  I'm thinking
about you.

Suzanne &
Sebastian - what are those fuzzie things that keep sniffing me?  I don't
like them - they aren't human like I am