From:
Dianna Desrochers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 06:50:23 EDT
>I was wondering..is it wise to get a ferret when you have other small

Linda,

I have 4 birds and a cat, have had mice in the past as well.  The only
thing about sharing our lives with ferrets is ... you have to keep them
separated.  Although a ferret "may not" intentionally try to kill my
birds, or any other small animal, they will try to play with them and
that will kill them because the poor animal doesn't know that all they
want to do is play and they will go into shock.

I have a separate room for my birds (the bathroom) and the ferrets are
not allowed in there.  My bathroom is quite large by the way, and the
birds are loose 24/7 in there.  I put a screen door on it and all the
ferrets, and the cat, can do is sit outside and watch them ... frustrates
the heck out of them, LOL and I swear the birds deliberately tease them
all.

My best advice, go ahead and get a ferret if you feel you can take care
of it and you have the room to give them all the space they need while
keeping them apart.

Dianna
And the Gang
Mookie, Joey, Mickey and Mouse
+ BeBe, Trooper, Nikkei, LeLou and Muffin

Like the feel of fur ... Hug a Ferret or two or three or four!!