Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 09:17:49 -0400
As a Michigander I am one of the few who does not see any use to a Michigan
boycott.  No matter what you do it will hurt the Michigan taxpayer, not the
governor.  He has a fixed salary, but the Michigan taxpayers *do not*.  Some
of the MI taxpayers are ferret-owners.  (Plus, as someone else pointed out
to me, there aren't really enough ferret owners to make much of a dent in
the MI economy.)

I cannot move from MI...I go to a private college here and my family has
settled here, and my dad has a very good job here.  I also realize that not
many other states are much better.  Other states test ferrets for rabies as
well.  And in a couple of US states, ferrets are illegal.

Although this sounds crazy, I think MI is pretty ferret-friendly myself.  As
MI-dwelling owners we do need to push for better laws, but we can also rest
assured that we won't have our ferrets seized just because of the state we
live in, we don't have to hide our ferrets every time company comes
over...you get the drift.  ;o)

Just my .02.