From:
Karen Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 1995 22:12:37 -0400
    Hi all.  This is the lady with the monster Canadian ferret, Winnie-the-
Veloceraptor.  He is three lbs.  now....don't know how much longer he will
keep on growing.  One thing, though-in the back of my mind now there is a
nagging thought......was he really "fixed" when they tattoed that "X" in
his ear?
    Winnie does not bite nearly as hard now as he did when we first met
him.  I have not determined beyond a doubt that he is not deaf, but I think
he responds to a squeaky toy.  He could just be observing the actions of
the other ferrets.
    We have the world's most precious baby ferret visiting us now.  He's a
MF silver (actually a blue-cream.  Does this have any bearing on the adult
color?) He's a cool, silver blue-gray, with cream underparts.  We are
worried about him because he cries all the time unless we are holding him
or he is with Karat.  (The older, undescented ferrret.) He's a little too
small to be running around with these wild human children-they may cause
him bodily harm.  (Mom, we're calm with him-he's a nice little ferret.) At
last, a child-friendly ferret-even comes when they call him.  When do their
permanent teeth grow in?  His are just breaking through.  His name is Latte.