From:
steve austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 11:49:27 -0400
This is for Doug and his new baby,

I am happy to see that at least you are willing to ask for help, and I
know you will get many many oppinions on the food issue.  Please look into
FML archives and Ferret Central for factual information on the minimum
requirements of the ferret diet, nutrition and digestive abilities.

Please consider a high grade ferret food- Totally ferret, zupreem, sheppard
and greene (the purple bag), 8 and 1 ultimate (check carefully not all 8 in
1 are the same), ferret store brand(?)- basically the ones that list a meat
as the first and second ingredient and don't use corn fillers,etc/ You
can mix with a high quality kitten food- not cat, not cheaper brand food.
Don't worry about the wet food, not necessary with a good diet of the
above.  Treats o.k., just not alot, 1/2 raisin, or something like that.
Don't use too much ferrettone- a few drops a day, some recommend mix it
with olive oil?  But it is a vitamin supplement, and you can overdose on
the fat soluble vitamins-A,D,K, etc.

I hope this helps, I am still confused after 10 years of owning the little
ones, and am always reading, getting other opinions, talking to those who
have ferret that are doing well, soft coats etc, to see what they use.

Patty