From:
Gordon Bengtson CI-ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 May 2005 08:27:08 -0400
All of us who have had ferrets or pets for time will learn and know the
awful experience of loosing a dear animal friend.

I have had more rescue ferts than store bought and have lost all but one
of the whole crew.  While mowing the lawn today I went by the spot where
I bury them and my heard fell to the pits in sadness as I passed by.
Just thinking of them I feel a deep sadness having come to know a ferret
and learn from then and about them over the years.

Finding one dead is not at all pleasant but to have to put one down or
"help across the bridge" is the very worst of all.  That is a gift to a
dear friend that cannot do this for themselves where nature would have
done it in a cruel way.  But that is how nature works, and how we love
them.

Even Nibble-ed is dearly missed.  Nib was one that would 'latch' on to a
guest in innocent fert behavior.  I do think Nib had allot to do with
Bud's loss where he had a very wet neck.  I think Nib did nature's task,
she had tried that with Podo but I was able to catch it and stop it.  Is
just animals being natural animals however unpleasant that may be to
witness or learn.  Yet Nib found a soft spot in my heart and she too is
dearly missed.

But life goes on and so do Byte-me and I.  Byte-me is really showing her
age, very lame and arthritic in her moves.  But she sleeps under the
covers with me every night, a pleasure to have around.

Gordon and Byte-me