From:
carmen stephan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 01:32:09 -0800
Hi,
I have about 50 ferrets, most of them are staying inside, a part in the
"shed".

You cannot smell them at all although nearly none of the ferrets been
helped, they are all whole..  So I wonder where the smell does come
from..if your 3 ferrets are smelling that terrible you probably should
cleen the litter pans more often.  I clean them every day, also while
mostly about 8 ferrets are sharing one pan together.  I clean all the
cages every day.  Perhaps you should change the food..some food (like James
Wellbeloved) makes your ferret smell terrible also fish does (don't know if
you feed that).  The ferrets from hunters mostly do stink because they eat
rabbits and things like that..  So if you have a clean room, you clean the
litter pans every day and the cage it normally speaking isn't possible your
ferrets smell that terrible you would need a HEPA filter or so.

Wish you luck with the "smells" etc.
Carmen

=====
F.F.F.
NL - Pb 12, 4024 ZG, Eck en Wiel
Tel/Fax. 0344-692790
GSM:     0651-371058 na 19 uur 0626-482829