From:
Connie Gaddy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 12:53:55 GMT
>From:    Chana Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret Playpen questions
>
>So I'm hesitant to buy it, but on the other hand, in our new house it is
>COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE to ferret proof, so the only exercise area is one
>tiny half-bathroom.  In our old house they had a huge, 3-room tiled
>bathroom (yes, a 3 room bathroom).  I'm desperate to create a safe play
>space, so they can be out playing while I go about my housework in the
>mornings.  Whatever I get has to be collapsable, because it will be in
>the way when the kids get home from school.
>
>Thanks,
>Chana & the cooped-up 4

I recently bought a Midwest playpen at PetsMart.  It's very much like the
Marshall's playpen with eight panels.  I bought it specifically to let my
ferrets have some outside time without being concerned about them running
off.  I've used it a couple of times in my yard, and so far they have not
jumped over, climbed over, or have gotten out through the bottom.  Of
course I do supervise them just in case.

My only problem is that with 7 ferrets, I really need to get another
one and connect them.  So far I've been very satisfied with it.  Just a
suggestion, if you use it for playtime in the house, make sure it's on a
flat surface and use a tarp or some kind of big plastic sheet underneath
it so it they poop, it won't get all over your floor.

Connie and the magnificent 7: Slinky, Snickers, Sheyenne, Speedy, Scamp,
Sherman, & Sabrina.