Date:
Sat, 4 Feb 2012 16:06:13 -0500
I received a call from a good friend of mine this afternoon. She's
adopted from me in the past and has several precious little ones. Her
husband went in for surgery 2 days ago and she is now faced with the
devasting decision of withdrawing his life support. She knows what
decision she needs to make and will be doing so in the next day or so.
Her husband is the sole income for their home and they have no life
insurance. She will have to move in with her mom at the end of this
month. The horrible events that have played out for her have forced
her to make another extremely difficult decision. She will have to
surrender her ferrets. Her mom's house is small and there is no way
she'll be able to take them with her. She will also not have the money
to care for them. This is where I need to ask for some help. I am
already over capacity, like I'm sure so many others are, and just don't
have room to take all of them for anything more than a short time. I
need to try and find placement for at least 13 of her 18 ferrets. 5
were adopted from me and I will make room for them. I'm waiting on a
list from her of names and ages, but she said they range from 1 1/2 to
3 1/2 years old. There are a few with hair thinning at the tail area
that she's giving melatonin to. Another couple on pred, but at least
one of those will be staying with me (prior adoptions.) I hate to ask
for help because I know everyone out there has their hands full. I am
just completely out of room and barely keeping up. I will do everything
I can to help with any necessary transporting. Thank you in advance for
any help anyone can offer.

Patti
Little Rascal's- Jacksonville, Florida