From:
Jennifer Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2008 08:52:08 -0400
Unfortunately, Squiggy passed away this April, while the Bridge
Greeters were on break. I have no doubt that on his way to the Rainbow
Bridge, he instilled in Kiba everything he knew about being a loving
ferret companion to us humans and his brudder, Louie. Squiggy and Kiba
fought ferociously in real life, but both were there for Louie, the
eldest, when Louie needed a friendly cuddle. Squiggy was overcome with
Lymphoma, riddling his intestines and taking the sparkle out of his
eyes. Kiba is only 3 and has also succumbed to Lymphoma, with tumors so
big they can be seen with the naked eye. He looked at me last night and
before the sparkle left his good eye, I could tell he was asking to
take the final trip to the Rainbow Bridge. So tomorrow night, Tuesday
the 16th, we will help him find his way to his forever home. He was
adopted from a petco who couldn't sell him with his infected eye, which
never healed. I had to talk my husband into taking in one more little
fuzzbucket and as soon as I picked him up, he let me know he was a
kisser. I got my final kiss a week ago and knew that the end was near.

So, Bridge Greeters, please take Squiggy with you tomorrow night, and
help Kiba cross the Rainbow Bridge to be at peace at last.

Thank you,
Jennifer and her last Jersey Fuzzbucket