From:
Jenn Kovacsi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 18:38:03 +0000
Hey, ferro peeps, I need your advice:

My 6-7 y/o fuzzy, Starla, is adrenal and recently blind. She has lost
most of her fur coat, but it is slowly coming back with the combination
of melatonin implants and daily herbs. We decided against adrenal
surgery as we think that she would be too high of a risk for her.

Her teeth are TERRIBLE. We got them cleaned at our old vet a little
over a year ago, but they are just absolutely funkdafied. We apply
OxyFresh (both the gel and in the water), but I think these teeth are
past that point. She still eats kibble, and she doesn't seem likes
she's in pain, but you can tell she'd much prefer the turkey baby food
that we give her with her herbs (can't tell if that's just preference
or discomfort). Our vet wants her to get her teeth cleaned, but I am
very nervous about putting her under.

My question is, is the putting her under for a dental cleaning the same
as putting her under for a surgery? To clarify, I mean, are the same
procedures given during both these events? I want her to have clean
teeth but I don't want to lose her. For a sick lady, she does so well
and seems so darn happy. I just want to keep her that way.

Suggestions?

--
Jenn and the excellent eight