From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 13:57:56 -0500
K, honestly, MF is no worse than other farms, and some farms are worse
than it is.  They just vary in ways they are good or bad.

Mindy: there is great info on the various things like Frontline easily in
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org
and if you later click on the link to ride the direct connection there
back to the FHL itself and open the Files section you will find a
parasite treatment compilation there.  It is about a year old, I think,
but still mostly up to date.

Vets in NJ: We go to Joe Martins in Somerset County 1-908-874-4447 (872
Rt 206, Bellemead).

I think that Abe Van Beveren may have moved somewhere near you; he is
good with ferrets.  I'll look him up.  Okay, I can't recall where
Oakhurst is but he was listed last year as at the Oakhurst AH
1-732-531-1212 so call to see if he is still there if that is close
enough for you.  Tell him Steve and Sukie have mentioned him on the FML.

We travel the hour from our little condo in Basking Ridge to Bellemead to
get the level of ferret expertise and surgical experience we desire and
our ferrets need.

Having had ferrets in our family for 21 years we are very particular
about vets for them.

If you go to
http://www.ferretcongress.org
and open the crit. refs. you will find URL links to multiple lists of
recommended ferret vets which is great for one stop shopping.

http://www.ferretuniverse.com/index.html
may also be of help as may
http://www.ferretcentral.org.